For a police emergency, call (518) 828-6121 or 911.
Animal Control Officer Jennifer Pinkowski - 518-567-7668 Domestic Animals Only.
The Town of Greenport is located in beautiful upstate New York about 40 miles south of Albany and just outside the City of Hudson. The Town is approximately 18 square miles and has just under 100 miles of roadway. Greenport Police Department has fifteen sworn personnel and one civillian member. These Officers serve and protect about 7000 residents year round including approximately 600 different types of business, from retail to commercial to agricultural. The Department also serves Columbia-Greene Community College which has about 2000 student annually.
- Police Chief Kevin Marchetto attended the 1985 Zone Fourteen Police Academy. Chief Marchetto was employed with the Village of Chatham PD from 1985-1988, and he also worked with the Greenport PD from 1988-1989. Chief Marchetto worked with the Columbia County Sheriffs Office from 1989-2006 when he retired, however during his time with the Sheriffs Office he recieved extensive training in crime scene procedures and technology. Chief Marchetto also had training with the D.E.A. as well as with training in Marine patrol which he also instructed. Chief Marchetto has been a lifelong resident of Columbia County and became Chief of Police for Greenport in July of 2009. You can contact the Chief at (518) 828-6121
- Sergeant Jerald Rowell
- Sergeant Steven Keyser attended the 2005-2006 Zone Fourteen Police Academy at Columbia Greene Community College. Sergeant Keyser also attended the 2008 NYSDOCS Academy and is currently employed with NYSDOCS. Sergeant Keyser has also worked with the Columbia County Sheriffs Office, he began working with the Town of Greenport PD in 2006 and recieved the rank of Sergeant in April of 2010.
- Police Officer Matthew Card
- Police Officer Luann Varney
- Police Officer Joseph Meicht attended the 2009-2010 Zone Fourteen Police Academy at Columbia Greene Community College. He was hired following the completion of the academy in 2010. Officer Meicht is a lifelong resident of Columbia County, only living out of the area during his eight years of service in the Army. During this time he worked as airborne infantry out of Fort Bragg NC. During his eight years he was also based out of Prince Sulton Airforce Base in Saudia Arabia, Korea, Fort Huachuca Arizona, Ft. Hood Texas, and Iraq. After being honorably discharged he moved back home to Columbia County.
- Police Officer Patrick Meister
- Police Officer Andrew Tanzillo attended the 2007-2008 Zone Fourteen Police Academy at Columbia Greene Community College. During his time at the academy he worked with the Philmont Police Department. Officer Tanzillo was hired in Greenport during Feb.2010, he is also a lifelong resident of Columbia County and has been living in the Town of Greenport for the last ten years. Officer Tanzillo enjoys running for fun and participating in organizational events, such as Sean's Run. .
- Police Officer Damon Filli attended the 2004-2005 Zone Fourteen Police Academy at Columbia Greene Community College. Officer Filli worked with Red Hook PD before coming to Greenport PD in 2006. Officer Filli has been a lifelong resident in Claverack NY for 32 years.
- Police Officer Tom Banks attended the 1997 Dutchess County Sheriffs Office Academy. In 1997 Officer Banks was hired with the Town of Greenport Police Department and has been working in the Town ever since.
- Police Officer Paul Calcagno
- Police Officer Steve Stella attended the 1979 Albany Police Academy, Officer Stella had 24 years of dedicated service with the Albany Police Department before retiring. Officer Stella was hired in the Town of Greenport in October of 2005. Officer Stella believes in and has a strong committment to community policing and team problem solving. Officer Stella is married and has four children.
Below you will find some websites that may be beneficial to you.